Expat Plant Director Sicily
Expat Plant Director Sicily
Our client, d'Arta Group is a reputed Belgian family company, founded in 1988, that has grown into a global player in the development, processing and commercialisation of fresh frozen products such as vegetables, fruits, herbs and ready-made (side) dishes. Strengths of the group are a family-centred framework with short decision-making processes, professional employees and a high-quality customer service and flexibility in a fast evolving market. It is in the group's DNA to keep investing in people, production technology and product innovation. d'Arta Group exports over 5.000 products to more than 70 countries. They currently employ approx. 1.000 people in 5 production plants in Belgium (HQ), the UK, Portugal and Italy.
In Italy, d'Arta Group has teamed up with Agrifood-Covalpa in the fertile Fucino valley in Celano (Abruzzo region) where a cooperative of 500 local producers grows and processes typical high-quality ‘made in Italy’ Mediterranean products, including aubergine, zucchini, paprika, premium spinach, cimedi rapa, fennel, basil and parsley. In Sole di Sicilia, the group's new production plant in Mazzarino (Sicily), southern vegetables such as aubergines, courgettes, peppers and artichokes are harvested, processed, grilled and frozen.
To further manage, streamline and develop plant operations of Sole di Sicilia, the group has a unique long-term opportunity available for an impactful : Expat Plant Director Sicily - Agri Food Industry
Job Profile - Expat Plant Director Sicily
You will be responsible for the P&L and for the daily management of the plant. You will direct and coordinate plant operations in line with company policies and strategy. You will report directly to the Plant Manager of Covalpa and the Board of d'Arta Group.
Your Key Responsibilities include :
- Developing a performance-based organisation with clear structures and responsibilities. Coaching to build competences.
- Managing and reporting of KPI's and costs. Monitoring business processes, budgets and financial results of the departments.
- Initiating continuous improvement strategies, implement change and driving initiatives for optimizing company performance.
- Directing, motivating and developing staff, delegating tasks, evaluating performance, conducting appraisals.
- Overseeing production and strengthening and elevating quality, effectiveness and efficiency in the areas of operations, systems, facilities, equipment, methods, machinery and resources.
- Acting as local contact person and maintaining excellent relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
Competences - Expat Plant Director Sicily
To qualify for this role you have a higher technical degree (e.g. Master or Bachelor in Engineering) with additional qualifications in Management or Business Administration as an asset.
- You have a successful experience as Plant Manager or similar managerial position in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience in the Agri-Food sector or related process industries is a plus not a requirement.
- You are an excellent People Manager with strong leadership, motivational and change management skills.
- You have a solid knowledge of production planning, cost control, budgeting and resources management.
- You are experienced in leading and inspiring a team of employees towards the achievement of the company’s objectives, strategy and vision.
- You are a result driven person, combining strong business acumen with high personal integrity.
- You have excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- You are familiar with working in an ERP environment (e.g. SAP).
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English and Italian, both verbally and in writing.
- You are prepared to live and work in Sicily with regular travel to the Italian HQ in Celano.
d'Arta Group expects a long term engagement to be expatriated. In return the group offers offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company. You may look forward to attractive career opportunities in the group in Italy or elsewhere in Europe.