Do you want to provide scientific and technical input to the Vandemoortele Plant Based strategy? Are you an analytical and creative mind with knowhow in food technology? Do you want to research products and processes with a focus on sustainability and health? Then you might be interested in this job opportunity at Vandemoortele.
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that produces and sells high-quality food products. They focus on innovation and prioritize sustainability by committing to three goals: balanced nutrition, protecting nature and enhancing lives. Vandemoortele has two divisions: one for Frozen Bakery Products and one for Plant Based Food Solutions. They continue to grow and develop: The Vandemoortele Group is now present in 12 European countries with ca 4600 employees, achieving revenues of ca 1.74 billion euros in 2022. For the division Plant Based Food Solutions there is a job opportunity for a Food Scientist who wants to bring added value in this domain.
Functie omschrijving - Food Scientist
Building product and process knowhow for plant based foods
- To continuously develop the knowledge about plant based products, ingredients, raw materials and processes you take the lead on long term research projects.
- You cooperate with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders, universities, knowledge institutes and the industry.
- You report relevant information and develop a network in the academic world and the industry.
- In collaboration with the R&D pilot team, you design new experiments and application trials, set-up new analysis methods and analyse the data to gain new insights.
- You support the R&D technical experts to improve product development and help finding solutions where needed.
- You report to the Science & Technology Manager Plant Based Food Solutions.
Functie eisen - Food Scientist
Analytical Food Scientist with a research mindset
- You hold a Master degree/PhD in bio-engineering or food technology combined with relevant experience within the food industry or research.
- Experience with plant based or dairy food products (e.g. cheese, creams, etc.) is a plus.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are willing to travel 10% of your time (short trips).
- You are analytical and open-minded.
- You have a mature business personality.
- You’re able to work in an autonomous way.
- You are proactive, energetic and dare to challenge others.
- A challenging job with a great purpose in an international company.
- A dynamic, driven and ambitious culture and a collegial atmosphere. Shape a tasty future!
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 50% of the time.
- Sports and wellbeing activities.
- Easy to reach: no traffic jams to get to Izegem.
- Attractive compensation package, completed with meal vouchers, ecocheques, pension plan and health insurance.
- Company car and charging card.