Research Associate Formulation
Research Associate Formulation
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for a (Senior) Research Associate Formulation.
Function description - Research Associate Formulation
As (Senior) Research Associate Formulation you will contribute to the development, optimization and characterization of formulations for AGROBODYTM bioactives (proteins) to maintain product stability and shelf life, and to maximize in field bioavailability. You will work in close collaboration with cross functional teams within the company.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of novel formulation technologies and co-formulants in order to maximize the stability and shelf life of AGROBODY™ bioactives and to optimize the compatibility and bioavailability of the bioactives throughout a wide range of application methods and fields;
- Perform physical-chemical and analytical characterization of existing and new formulations, produced in-house or at external contract organizations;
- Plan and execute experiments independently, interpret and report the results and propose follow-up steps;
- Support the engagement with third party service or technology providers in the field of formulation to support the overall formulation strategy;
- Participate in activities performed at external contract organizations in the field of spray drying, spray granulation or encapsulation as required in the context of manufacturing activities that needs to be outsourced;
- Actively participate in functional and project teams, prioritize work based on the team deliverables and complete assignments accordingly;
- Work in close collaboration with IP and Legal.
What we are looking for - Research Associate Formulation
- Bachelor or Master of Science (Bio(chemical)-engineering), Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of hands-on working experience in the field of protein characterization and/or formulation;
- Experience with analytical methods and tools for protein characterization is highly recommended (e.g. spectrophotometry, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and HPLC analysis).
- Skills considered as a plus are:
o Hands-on experience in formulation of crop protection products;
o Knowledge on existing formulation technologies and large-scale formulation of protein-based products;
o Experience with CIPAC methods for agrochemicals characterization;
o Experience with protein isolation, enrichment, modification and dialysis
o Experience with plant-pathogen systems and related assays
- Hands-on, pro-active and problem-solving oriented;
- High sense of quality, accuracy and detail;
- Eager to investigate and learn;
- Able to work in team, but also autonomously when needed;
- Capable of thinking out-of-the-box and open-minded;
- Passionate and a positive mindset;
- Good reporting and communication skills (fluency in written and spoken English).
Teamwork, innovation, passion, wellbeing and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested in Research Associate Formulation?
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.